Put a fork in it, the hearth is finally 100% done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ray

The hearth is for the Enviro Meridian stove in my shed so that is why I am a little slow to finish it. That is a good idea about using Red Oak!

The shed was 65.8 deg F for it's lowest temperature this morning, even though the outside got down to 59.5 Deg F. I guess that Insulation and foil I threw in helped a bit.

See pics > Shed Roof Thermal Relief for Winter/Summer

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/shed-roof-thermal-relief-for-winter-summer.84824/
The red oak while more expensive wasn't too bad and cost around $30.00 total at Lowes. I applied 3 coats of semi-gloss poly and stain to the red oak prior to grouting it to the hearth. The oak can withstand much more abuse as I have dropped some fire wood on it with no ill effects..

Ray

Hey Ray, I don't know if you noticed, but the weekend has officially arrived......it's past 5 on Friday.
Ahem.......pic?;)
LOL OK Dave! Here are 2 fresh pics..

Attachments

• Put a fork in it, the hearth is finally 100% done!
    2012 05 25 009_edited-1 (Medium).jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 123
    2012 05 25 010_edited-1 (Medium).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 112
Very nice work Ray.

I don't know Ray, I think you need wood putty in the nail holes. Get the list out again.;) Looks great. I thought you used slate for some reason.
OK Pete I puttied the nail holes so I can be done once again lol.. :)
Ray

Attachments

IMG_3785 (Medium).JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 95
    IMG_3786 (Medium).JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: fishingpol
Looks great. That's a perfect setting for the Alderlea.

Very nice RayBonz. Love the look you have going with the rock.
Maybe two days after they bury me, I will have some time to do something like this...o_O

Very nice RayBonz. Love the look you have going with the rock.
Maybe two days after they bury me, I will have some time to do something like this...o_O
Thanx SF! The rock is actually cultured stone that was done 25 yrs. ago.. Doesn't look very hard to do as it is a rustic look..

Ray

:):cool:==c:):cool: Very nice

Status
Not open for further replies.