Quad 1000 classic not powering up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Customer said stove working iratic since my service they are new to homeso no history before my service but was working Great after I service.
Now when you turn stay up or push reset button only a click from control box.
Test high limit in auger closed power going through.
Test limit switch on firebox closed power running through.
Test fuse in stove and inside control box good.
Unplugged all blowers and auger motor to be sure no shorts
Thermocople ohms out at 1.5 I'm not sure what it is supposed to be.
Control box still just clicked.
Don't want her paying $350 for control box if it is something I missed.

Jump screws on stove where tstat wires hook to, to eliminate bad tstat or wires, or connections

Reactions: heat seeker
Jump screws on stove where tstat wires hook to, to eliminate bad tstat or wires, or connections
I jumped thermostats connections and every time you jump a click in the control box same with pushing button

Unplug stove. Pull control box and reseat. Plug stove back in. Only option to not buying control box prematurely is to have another stove to test it in, or a dealer that has equipment to test box. If it was a standard 3 speed, I could send you my spare to try. kap

Only 3 things that I can see,control box,or the contacts where the wire connector plugs on the circuit board of the control box,and,remote chance of a poor/burned connection inside the junction box.

Reactions: kappel15
thanks guys and yes I pulled the box opened box ohmed out fuse in box
There is power going to auger high limit and the other high limit on firebox

Update.......
Customer orders new controller.
Stove working Great now.
I think booster blower getting more voltage than before but not sure.
Also the new board had a different number and the connection was double sided contacts but all the same.

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you are up and running. Stay warm. kap