Quad 7100.....Timer By-Pass ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trekker

Jan 8, 2008
NW Ohio
I bought a 7100FP display model off a dealer. It was produced in Feb 2006. He didn't have the original owner's manual, so he printed(a current) one off for me. I noticed the Timer By-Pass lever in the manual was not on my stove.I assumed my stove was missing this part. After using the search function on this site, I found that some(or all?) 7100FP models do not have this feature. Anybody know if that's correct? I'm ready to fire it up, and now I'm back on hold wondering if I'm missing this part.

Thanks.

I have an 07 model 7100 and I don't have a "Timer By-pass lever" I have a switch wired in to manually start the blower if that is what you mean. My 7100 also has ACC, or Automatic Cumbustion Control. Which if I understand it correctly is just a 30min timer to hold the draft open full for 30mins then drop it down to where you set it.

If you explain what the lever is I can tell you if I have one and how it works.

Timer bypass.... that may be related to the ACC model as mentioned. I just looked at the manual for you 7100 online and the id plate on it is much different than that for the 4300-st wood stove, which I have. Mine clearly states "acc" or "act" right next to the model number.

You may want to get the serial number off of the unit and call the factory. It may not have the 'acc' feature being an 06' model, because the wood stoves just got this feature 'built in' as of 08'.

Then again, I really know nothing about the 7100 series and they may have only been built with it. (?)

Hopefully someone with this unit will chime in soon.

This is a brand new feature, just started showing up a few month ago. It lets you close the start-up air manually if the timer is taking too long or malfunctions for some reason. I think people liked it so much on the ACC stoves they also added it t the 7100FP.

Here's another on JTP. I went ahead and fired it up, and the baffle protection channel keeps moving like it doesn't want to sit properly. Is this a problem you've experienced before? Do you reccomend drilling a hole, and inserting a small screw to hold it in place.

Thanks.

the metal strip on the front of the baffle and insulation?

Personally if you are having probs with it, I would just toss it in the garbage. It never used to be there. I think they added it just to keep the blanket from curling up. If you know what you are doing and maintain the fireplace properly I don't see a purpose to that piece. It looks a little nicer with it on I guess....

You could drill a hole in it and put a long screw between the board and insulation I suppose. I would not try to screw into the board, it would probably break it.

Status
Not open for further replies.