Quad AE - What parts to keep on hand.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NE14aBeer

Hearth Supporter
Nov 10, 2008
The Pacific Northwet
Just bought a Quadra-fire Mt Vernon. This is our only source of heat and replaced an 18 year-old Whitfield.

I was wondering what parts, if any, seem to go out the most on this model. Since it is our only source of heat I would like to keep some backup parts on hand.

I already found that the outfit we bought this from may take several weeks to fix a problem. I don't mind being cold for a while but it is the constant whining from my wife that will drive me nuts. I figured if I kept a few key parts on hand I could keep this thing running all the time.

I guess I just don't trust these new fangled gadgets. My old Whitfield was like looking under the hood of a 63 Chevy, I recognized everything in there. The Quad is like looking under the hood of my new truck. I'm not even sure there is an engine in there.

Thanks,
Mike

OK then.

Since I didn't get any replies - can I assume the newest Quadra-fire Mt Vernon doesn't have any parts that go out regularly?

I have read that the older ones had igniters that went out. Has that been fixed? I've already had to replace the convection fan after a week.
I hope that was just a one-time thing.

Thanks,

Mine is new and I have not had any issues. In the past, there were ignitor issues, control board issues, wall control issues, and some other minor stuff. If you have the latest of the 3 I just mentioned, you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.