Quad Santa Fe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gog222

Sep 2, 2008
MD
Hello,

I just bought a Quad Santa Fe for my Sun room on the 1st floor. I already have a new castille downstairs in my family room. have 2 questions. Can i get a wireless t-stat for the Santa Fe? and, i am going to vent it straight out the side wall. I have sheetrock on the inside and vinyl on the outside. What is the best way to run the venting and how easy can it be done yourself. Dealer wants $500+ to do it.. it seems like it would be easy to do yourself. Also, What do i use on the outside wall?

I can answer the first question. Yes you can get a wireless tstat for your santafe. I think quad has one but I would look at other brands because they will likely be cheaper.

yes you can get a wireless quad has two diffrent ones for it putting the venting incloud be done by you but the pie will run you some place around 100- 150 for the pipe will take you a few hrs it maybe worth paying the 500 if the ventting is included.

You should run at least 36" vertical pipe . My Company has installed hunreds of pellet stoves and by using some vertical it helps get the smoke out of the stove in a power outage or if the combustion blower were to fail. Our policy is no straight out installs. Est cost of pellet vent $ 300

I was thinking about coming straight out and going up above my roof. Is that a better option?

To go through the wall you get a wall thimble, should come with an inside black cover and an outside stainless or steel cover.

I had a Castille put in last June, straight through the wall install. We had alot of smoke coming into the house during the initial start ups so the dealer came back and put a 4' vertical pipe on the outside portion of the venting. That took care of the smoke and the dealer did it at his own expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.