Quadafire cb1200 keeps shutting off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mzern

Jan 27, 2022
Nj
I have a quadrafire cb1200. It will run fine for random amounts of time then shut down. The machine is completely clean. Pipes are clean. It works great, then when I'm at work or asleep It shuts down. The red light is on. There are pellets in the pot. Plenty of pellets in the stove. I come back and hit reset after removing the unburnt pellets and it fires up without any issue. Then after a few hours it dies again. It has been going on for a few days. Any help would be great

Check out my post. CB1200. Found areas to clean I had no idea existed. Just make sure you have a 5-7 layer filter for your shopvac! ;)
If you need pics for locations I can help out or be more descriptive.

Reactions: VintageGal
Check out my post. CB1200. Found areas to clean I had no idea existed. Just make sure you have a 5-7 layer filter for your shopvac! ;)
If you need pics for locations I can help out or be more descriptive.
Could you please post some pictures for the those of us that have the CB 1200? I plan on having mine installed in the next couple of weeks ✌️

Could be an intermittent vacuum switch causing feed to stop and fire to go out.

What heat setting is it usually on when shutting down? If on low, then could be thermocouple not staying hot enough during to small flame so increasing feed gate opening would help.

Make sure air inlet port is clean in back of igniter chamber beneath the firepot.

Reactions: VintageGal