Quadra Fire 2700 Blower Controller Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishslayer

Nov 26, 2016
Upstate New York
Hey I am new to the board and new to wood stove heating. We moved into a house with a quadra fire 2700 and the controller has always been a bit weird.

At first it would only work on high. The dial had no effect on the speed of the fan. I was replacing the baffle and the ceramic blanket and asked the dealer about it and he said to take it apart and clean it. (Blow it out real good)

I opened it and noticed that the screws had been removed before. I cleaned it out and also noticed a cut in the insulation of one of the wires. I fixed the wire (cut and recapped) and put the box back together.

I noticed the adjustment screw and turned it a bit. It seems to either lock the blower on very high or pretty low. When it is lock on pretty high the knob has no effect. When it is adjusted down to almost half of the "very high" the knob can be moved to turn the blower down pretty low. In fact it is so low at this point that we just keep it at the highest setting.

So I guess the questions are:

Is the controller broken?
Is this very high setting too fast and the blower is suppose to be much slower?
Should I replace it or can it be fixed properly?

Honestly part of the problem is I have no idea what the normal high setting is suppose to be.

Thoughts?
Brian

Sounds like you could adjust it a little more so that the low speed is a little faster. Maybe strike for a setting that is in between the two that you've already tried.

The adjust seems broken as well. It is slow, slow, and jammed in high again. Like I said I guess I don't know what high is supposed to be. Maybe a trip to the dealer to listen to them?

It may be time to replace the controller. Blower speed control with cord is part # 821-0110.

Status
Not open for further replies.