Quadra Fire 5700 vs Englander 30NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Both stoves are similar in materials and appearance. The QF seems a bit bigger in size and is quite a bit bigger in cost. 899 vs 2499. What makes the QF so much "better"?

Take it from me DON'T get the Quadrafire,had the first one old style with a 3.5 firebox was a good stove,however both sides cracked,it was replaced under warranty,the new model with all the gadgetry was a dud got rid of it after 2 weeks,wouldn't heat or burn longer than 6 hours. The Englander is a good heater my friend has one,but it has a pretty healthy appetite for wood so he says doesn't bother him he has 100 plus acres of woods.

I think both are very good stoves. If you look at the 30 with legs, I think it very much resembles the 5700 - except the step top on the quad is higher.

No question the Englander is a lower cost stove. I also have no doubt the Englander will last a lifetime with proper care. The big benefit of the Englander, aside from the above is that if you decided to sell it later and get another stove, you will likely not loose as much $$$'s on the resale.

Good luck,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.