Quadra Fire Castile Insert won't feed pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
With trying to service this stove over the internet, all I can come up with is either the new auger motor is bad, or the control box. kap

Could have a bad capacitor. That is why I suggested putting the old one in and see if stove worked. kap

So with nothing to lose except $190. I had an issue with my cb1200 doing this same thing 2 weeks ago. Mine turned out to be a weak connection between the control board and the plug it goes into. When i hit start it went through the startup process green light came on but no red light. My stove is old 2001 and has a metal cover ( which i had removed to ck lights) reset box a dozen times did no good. Removed box and took cover off, inserted back in stove and applied power with my finger i tapped the board lightly and the red light flashed so unplugged removed board and checked traces found nothing wrong. Fast forward to the repair. I ended up taking a pair of pliers and bending the stove side of the plug mount bracket up a little bit on each end that in turn put more pressure on the connections. All is good. Im not saying this is your problem.and if you try this it could let the magic smoke out of your control box! But it is another avenue

Reactions: kappel15