Quadra Fire HHT Warranty Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bernie McBurner

Dec 1, 2017
Iowa
I am hoping that I am experiencing a rare problem dealing with a Major Manufacturer. I was wondering if any other members have any similar issues with HHT the parent company that owns Heatilator, Heat&Glo, Quadra-Fire, Harmon and Vermont Castings to name a few. In 3 separate issues over 9 years they have treated us very poorly and argue simple basic workmanship and material failures that their written warranty clearly states that are covered. I have come to the understanding that their warranty is a sales prop meant only to give the buyer a sense of comfort as they sign a check for thousands of dollars. In my case they dodge, ignore, and fabricate on the spot obscure reasons why all 3 of my issues would not be covered and would instead be fully our responsibility to have corrected.
Please share if you have been treated fairly as I hope is the norm, or if you have a similar experience to what we have been dealing with.

Thank you

What are the issues? Where has the dealer been in resolving these issues? That is the primary point of contact and eyes-on-site for the company.

Last edited:
Reactions: jotulguy
What are the issues? Where has the dealer been in resolving these issues? That is the primary point of contact and eyes-on-site for the company.
Holes in the chimney cap - all rusted. They argued that it was past the 7 year warranty. I pointed out that their terms were" for new construction warranty period starts at the date of occupancy". They insisted it was from install. Now I have cracked welds in the firebox. See pics even though they state lifetime on firebox and heat exchanger.
The Dealer is happy to come out for $89 per hr and they are 45 min away. I didn't think I needed eyes on site with this photo.

Attachments

• 7100 broken weld 1.jpg
    7100 broken weld 1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 337
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 301
This will most likely need the dealer to inspect and file the claim and handle the repairs. HHT is going to want a report from the dealer in order to determine if this is a warranty claim.

I have had difficulty with HHT and my dealer as well. My QuadraFire pellet stove was purchased new and has not worked properly since it was installed. W/in a year of usage the augur motor was replaced and then the fire pot (defective from the factory). The dealer is rude, argumentative, and all over not nice. The process is painfully slow and all kinds of twists and turns from the dealer. For months I have been asking to have the unit removed and refunded the purchase price and they won't do it. Yesterday I finally submitted a complaint w/ the BBB and am continuing to work on this issue.

But what do you do when the dealer is part of the problem?
Persist in reporting the problem with the dealer to HHT. Ask them for assistance in finding another dealer that can help.

See the VC thread, concerns with warranty claims with HHT for the VC Flexburn stove . Should this be a future worry ?
Vermont Castings (HHT) says that ALL warranty claims go through dealers.
Curious , why a rusted cap is a stove problem with the dealer. Begreen is right; HHT is the contact.

I had problems with my dealer but HHT was wonderful. I called HHT about failed bearings in my blower motor and they asked me to work through my dealer. I called the dealer and they wouldn't return my calls, they kept giving me the run around and my warranty was a week or two from expiring. So I called HHT to go on record that the issue did occur with in the warranty period. HHT acknowledged it and forwarded my concern to a HHT regional manager who was going to find out what was going on with the dealer. The very next day I got a call from the dealer who informed me that a new blower was on order.

Call HHT and tell them you need to get this resolved in a timely manner, ask for a regional manager who can help you work with your dealer to close this out.

Reactions: Cast Iron