Quadrafire 1200, no red call light, new thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wheaties

Feb 6, 2018
Seattle, WA
Hello! New pellet stove user here. Been problem solving our Quadrafire 1200 pellet stove that came with our house, originally bought in 1998.

It was working at the beginning of the season, I shut if off to do a thorough cleaning (exhaust chamber, baffles, etc.) as it was producing more smoke than usual.

When I went to turn it back on, the exhaust blower came on, but the red call light did not and no pellets dropped. I created a jumper wire on the terminals in the back, and the red light came on and pellets dropped! I thought this meant I needed a new thermostat, so I got a new 24V Honeywell and installed it. But again no luck. The exhaust blower comes on for 10 minutes, but the red call light never does.

I'm at a loss not on the next step to problem solve. Thanks for any advice!!

Try jumping the wires at the thermostat end. The wire may be defective.

Reactions: kappel15
I agree. Bat tstat wires or connection,.kap

You can try a pc on the outside first to make sure this is the issue. Sometimes just cutting some off at each end works too. If there is enough. kap

Reactions: heat seeker