QuadraFire 1200i - Auger and Ignitor questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach

Sep 19, 2013
I have a 2003 QuadraFire 1200i and am hoping to get a few things clarified. Sorry to beat the poor ole auger to death, but I'm just not totally clear on the workings of it.

1) Should the auger shaft turn by hand? Is the brass part at the bottom of the auger motor that the shaft runs thru - is it a bushing? If so, is it (pic below) replaceable?

Having some issues with the auger and expect to order a new auger motor Monday, but would like to better understand the workings of the unit. Although I did speak with a QF dealer they didn't provide any real information and seemed unsure about it. You can look at my prior thread on the auger noise, but just FYI; Auger unit very clean (but cleaned it anyway), bushing/set collar/curly shaft seem good and spin freely by hand; however, will not turn when attached to the auger motor shaft. Have always sifted the pellets and cleaned the stove well, but was truly amazed at how clean it appeared. I have a thread running on this but thought of these questions later and think most folks have "been there done that" so not answering

Prior thread on auger issue https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-is-the-motor-going-quadra-fire-1200i.113983/

2) I would like to have an extra ignitor on hand and notice the ones that list to replace mine have quick disconnect wire ends. My current ignitor is attached with ceramic wire nuts. Is this just a matter of cutting off the connectors and wiring with the ceramic nuts?

Sooo the one post said this forum is like the mafia and I can never leave now that I've joined....does that mean if I try to leave someone will come to my door? Thats one way to get my auger looked at (LOL)

Thanks much for all the help this site is AWESOME

Peach

Attachments

• 114_4048.JPG
    114_4048.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 105
In general, if the auger is disconnected from the motor, and the auger tube is clear, the auger itself should able to be turned by hand.

As for the ignitor, if you want to use the ceramic nuts, just clip the quick disconnects off. IMO, you should keep the quick disconnects and put the matching connectors on the stove wires.....makes removing a cinch.

As for the bushing, I can't help there....hopefully a CB1200 owner will see this thread and comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.