Quadrafire 5100i ACT bypass blower control and burn?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

profitone

Jul 22, 2008
CT
My rheostat went and part is on order (ebay).. (it only worked on high and was no longer adjustable) It's 12 outside... I pulled the old part and connected wires bypassing the switch to discover one of my fans is also dead. (Yes it has power to fan) This leaves me with 2 questions.. am I ok to burn with the rheostat bypassed and only one fan? It blows air and heats and may have been working this way for a while for all I know...it still has the on/off switch and the snap disc kicked the single fan as normal when I test fired it..

Next question is regarding replacement fans.. the quad factory fans are range from $65 ebay to $180 dealer... Poking around here I found old threads mentioning jameco so I found what looks like a very similar specs fan for $15..

Does anyone think that wouldn't function as a decent replacement? I see the dayton fans at grainger for double but I'm cheap and this is half that price and pretty darn close to original fans that worked for 10 years unless I'm missing something..?

Thanks for any help!