QuadraFire 5700 v Lopi Liberty v Drolet HT2000 v Pleasant Hearth 2200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeddo89

Aug 7, 2018
Cadillac, MI
Hi everybody, new member here hoping to get a little help in deciding which new stove to buy.

I purchased a new house about a year ago and I would like to replace the current pellet stove with a wood burner. The local stove dealer stocks QuadraFire and Lopi. For my needs, they suggested the QuadraFire 5700 stove-top and the Lopi Liberty. They seemed to prefer the Quad over the Lopi.

I did some research into these stoves and came across several less expensive options such as the Pleasant Hearth 2,200 sq. ft stove at Home Depot and the Drolet HT2000. All of these stoves have similar sized fireboxes and BTU output except that the Drolet is a little bigger which might be nice.

The QuadreFire and Lopi will both cost about $2,900 with blower fans, The Drolet is somewhere around $1,700 and the Pleasant Hearth is about $750

My main concern is that the QuadraFire and Lopi are much more expensive and from what I can see online, aren't really any better than the less expensive models.

I would like to get a nice performing and reliable stove as this is a long term investment but I don't really want to through away money on a brand name.

Any advice or shared experiences with these stoves would be greatly appreciated. I'd also be open to other suggestions.

Thanks

If you're looking at stoves from Home Depot check out the England Stove Works line. If they don't have it on the site look for the 15‐SSW02 should be in the size and price range you are looking for.

The Liberty is a tank and a good stove, but it's mostly an E/W loader. I prefer to load N/S most of the time. For affordable firepower it's hard to beat the HT2000. The Quad 5700 is a good heater, but not $1700 more. The Drolet can be found for about $1200 and is a heckuva good value for a solid heater. Another variation on this stove is the Enerzone Solution 3.4 also made by SBI. And look at the Englander 30-NC in this price range. It's a solid performer.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200316353_200316353
https://www.enerzone-intl.com/en/products/wood-stoves/solution-34/

Thanks Begreen. I'll make sure to check out the Englander. Any pro/cons you know of on the Englander vs the Drolet or are they pretty similar? Looks like I can get the Englander through Home Depot for about $1,000 which seems like a pretty good deal if its comparable to the Drolet Ht2000.

The 30NC is a workhorse and it has lots of people heating their homes with it for over a decade. It's hard to beat for value. The HT2000 appears to be a bit better behaved with strong draft, reports are that the blower is quieter and it has a less fragile, C-Cast baffle.