Quadrafire control board getting hot.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Generally speaking...no it should not. What stove do you have?

Reactions: kappel15
I have a classis bay 1200i, it smells like burning plastic.

A couple of thoughts on that. You sure it is the board that smells and not that by accident a pellet bag came in contact with the glass while the stove was running? That would give you a plastic smell. Or if you have little kids make sure none of their toys are touching something. Kids love to put toys in the hopper too. Anyway, below are temp. readings taken today from my 1200i while it is going. Compare and let me know. The blurry one is 140 F.

Attachments

• 20170212_102344.jpg
    20170212_102344.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20170212_102338.jpg
    20170212_102338.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 56
Well, its a brand new board. It did its 10 min exhaust fan test and it started to get hot. The board that I had previous to this one got hot that it started to smoke it was on the stove for about two weeks.

Well, its a brand new board. It did its 10 min exhaust fan test and it started to get hot. The board that I had previous to this one got hot that it started to smoke it was on the stove for about two weeks.

Check for shorts. Possible that wiring somewhere is making contact with metal somewhere. All wiring should be checked, fans, vac switch, harness to control board. Inspect each wire and make sure nothing is bare and contacting the stove. I'm surprised it is not triggering a fuse or snap disk. Also, when was the last time the combustion fan was replaced? Is it hard to turn? Maybe binding? The fan might be drawing too many amps causing the board to heat up. Consider this because you stated the board heated up during the initial plug in and combustion fan test.