Quadrafire Discovery 1 log size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes, you can cook on the Discovery 1. Just made spaghetti tonight on it from frozen hamburger, sauce and boiled the noodles. (To see what it's like)

You'll need to get it in the "burn zone" and then you'll appreciate the jacketed sides as it gets hot cooking. Took about 1:45 min to complete the meal.

IMG_20221206_180030488.jpg IMG_20221206_180135845.jpg IMG_20221206_180209550.jpg

Reactions: moresnow
How are you guys still liking the discoveries? I keep coming back to this stove but I'm hearing mix things on getting an overnight burn on them and your ability to slow the stove down..

I am totally loving mine. Typically if I stuff it with 14"-15" pieces I'll have enough embers to start it up again in the morning. Even without embers this is the easiest cold starting stove I have ever owned (Vermont Casting, Hearthstone and Consolidated Dutchwest). At first I kind of missed the ability to run the stove on a low burn but the silver lining of a hot burn is clean stove pipes. At this point in my life I also appreciate the raised stove plus the small storage bin underneath is very convenient. This stove can heat our 2k sq ft home (open flr plan) surprisingly well. If your looking for a good smaller stove I have no hesitation recommending it.