Quadrafire Voyageur Grand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Booner

Dec 9, 2017
Illinois
I relied heavily on this site when I was looking at purchasing insert for my 2800 sq ft home. It came down to QVG or Jotul. I ended up with Voyageur because of 3 items, wood box size, price and proximity to dealer.
We are very happy with the stove so far. It looks great, burns well and throws of a lot of heat. We can only get 3 maybe 4 logs in the firebox so we aren't seeing any of these all day burn times, maybe 4 hours. Others have mentioned glass getting dirty and we have found it is directly related to how hot you let fire burn and seasoning of wood being burnt. We are still getting to know stove but find our stove burns fine at damper at 50 to 40 percent open once you have a great fire established. We have been cleaning ash out every three days.
The stove throws plenty of heat, when burning it is heating our entire 2 story house. We usually run the fan for the first couple hours on low and then the rest of the day we shut off fan especially if we are in fam room. Starting a fire in stove is simple, we use the ACC feature but don't really see a difference when we start up if on or off.
All in all, we are very happy with this stove and wouldn't hesitate to give it a great recommendation.

Thanks for the report. It's a great looking insert. Good to know you're a happy camper. Post a picture if you can.

IMG_3423.JPG
Thanks for the report. It's a great looking insert. Good to know you're a happy camper. Post a picture if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cmarc and Jutlin
Sweet. That's a darn good looking insert.