quercus ilex remodelling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Prometeo

Minister of Fire
Jan 7, 2022
IT
HI ! I would like a suggestion I have these two holm oaks, initially on the right there was also a pine tree and maybe I shouldn't have cut, but that space was needed, now the problem, tree on the right has grown in an "anomalous" way I don't know if it will recover naturally or if the upper part needs to be cut a little. In Italy this tree is in many cities and is continuously shaped, square, round, I would like some advice to have a better harmony, the pine was cut 2 years ago

IMG_20230504_173212.jpg

If you want, you can cut the wider lower branches to the right. I'd not cut anything else.

(I'd leave it be, though. Nature is not always nicely symmetric... It tells a story, it is unique, it's nature...)

Reactions: Prometeo
If you want, you can cut the wider lower branches to the right. I'd not cut anything else.

(I'd leave it be, though. Nature is not always nicely symmetric... It tells a story, it is unique, it's nature...)
I quite agree, leave the natural forms, but in this case it was a very close tree that caused an unnatural development, probably I'll leave it as it is for a few more years and then we will evaluate again

But having a tree nearby is natural... ?
In forests many (if not most) trees are not shaped like the symmetric drawings one sees.

On the other hand, a properly cut off branch (at the trunk, not halfway down the branch) is not very bad; the bark will grow over the wound and it'll work out most of the time.

Reactions: Prometeo
But having a tree nearby is natural... ?
In forests many (if not most) trees are not shaped like the symmetric drawings one sees.

On the other hand, a properly cut off branch (at the trunk, not halfway down the branch) is not very bad; the bark will grow over the wound and it'll work out most of the time.
1 year ago cut some branches at the bottom, near the trunk, because I had added earth to the base, and they were too low, they currently seem low but you can walk underneath, I don't know what trend they will take over time. However in some cases, cutting, It looks really good, as for grapes, which develops the famous SIRT after it is topped, and it seems that this is why wine, real wine, without additives, is healthy. I'm probably misrevealing two different things, but I think the truth is in the center