QUESTION ABOUT AN OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant see how were you put the oak really matters assuming you can stop the wind funneling through?

Would locating the OAK on the leeward side of the house be a good idea? Would putting it under a porch be a better idea? I have a choice of one or the other.

Under the porch is likely better, leeward sides are typically lower pressure, so you'd have a little more opposition to draft. Probably insignificant when running, but might unnecessarily draw air when not running, or make it hard to start. Windward side might help draft, but also draw air when not running. Chances are you'd have no problems with any position, but best to minimize the odds.

TE

Also any of you Progress Hybrid guys know where the OAK connection to the stove is? Jut trying to get all my ducks in order before I cut the hole in my floor.

Back of the stove, in the middle of the stove (both horizontally and vertically) and facing down.

Back of the stove, in the middle of the stove (both horizontally and vertically) and facing down.

Great, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.