Question about Stove Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WoodBurn4Life

Dec 14, 2017
Mount Carmel, IL
Hello, and I appreciate you all taking the time to help me.

My question is concerning the stovepipe.

Has anyone ever used a Stainless Steel Semi Truck stack as part or all of their piping?

Is it safe? I was just curious because I would assume it's better than just normal stove pipe.

Here is the Wood Burner.

Attachments

• Wood Stove.pdf
    57.4 KB · Views: 132
Hello, and I appreciate you all taking the time to help me.

My question is concerning the stovepipe.

Has anyone ever used a Stainless Steel Semi Truck stack as part or all of their piping?

Is it safe? I was just curious because I would assume it's better than just normal stove pipe.

Here is the Wood Burner.
Is that where it is going to be sitting?

that would look great. bad thing is trying to get a air tight fit and screwing it together.

What I am wanting to do is run it straight up from the stove through the ceiling and then put a rain guard on it.

I will ensure that when I go through ceiling I'll take proper precautions.
You would an 18" airspace all around it going through the ceiling. That wouldnt do much for heat retention. And by code you need to switch to chimney pipe as soon as you reach a ceiling or wall