Question for all you Hampton Regency GCI60 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

handymanCT

Nov 18, 2011
Southern CT
I never thought much about this until the service tech was here a few days ago to replace the control panel plastic stick on for me. He noted that my auger motor was a little loud, asked me if I lubricated the end of the auger. I always lube it with anti-sieze every time I clean the stove. So my wife also says a few days later why is that stove so loud? When I asked her what she meant she said that noise, which was the auger motor. Mine has never been quite to start with, but I don't notice it being any different, put it this way, at the end of my house 50' away form the stove you can still hear it just like you were in the room with the stove. But its always been that way. If you look at how they have it mounted, its seems to me its going to echo though all that metal like an amplifier.

SO are your auger motors quite or are they loud? To put it in perspective, it is louder then the convection blower running at full speed.

Thanks
Rich

Recently installed a Regency GCI60 insert. The dealer had never installed one of these so it was a learning process. The surround was loose and difficult to get to sit tight against the existing fireplace.

Anyways back to your question.

My auger is quiet. The agitator in the burn pot got really loud after a few days because the installer never put the anti-seize lubrication on the left side of the agitator rod. I coded the left side of the rod with the lubrication provided (only did this once) and it has ran quiet ever since.

Not even sure how to get to my auger. Maybe someone could answer that?

Good luck!

Mine is quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.