Question for Englander 25-PAH owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptomp1

Jan 21, 2012
northern maine
In December I purchased a 25-pah and have a question about the heat output. Can anyone tell me what they get for a actual temperature at the heat discharge when stove is set on 5/5. I am trying to get a baseline to go by. With my stove set on 5/5(LFF 3 LBA 5 AOT 1) mind is 125 degrees; at 9/9 148 degrees. There is no visible change with different pellets. I have the OAK hooked up and using simpson dur-loc pipes into existing chimney. I know the stove is rated for 2000 sq.ft , but this must be for houses in Florida not Maine.

I can't comment on the output temps, but remember that ALL stove companies "fudge" the sq. ft. numbers....they're based on an empty box of that sq. footage, AFAIK.

From what I know of my Englander stove, the best way to increase output temp is to increase the fuel and air....try raising the lower button settings to 4-6-1 and see what the change does. My 10-cpm is factory set at 1-4-1, but i get the best heat at 4-5-1.

Remember, you need to burn more fuel to increase heat, but more air is needed also.

Thanks, I will try that. I know my Englander 55-shp puts out alot more heat. I am trying to get a baseline temperature to go by. Maybe this is all the stove can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.