Question for the arborists out there

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
I have my wood stacks and wood processing area adjacent to this red maple tree in the pictures below. Overtime, the soil has eroded away some and this is probably not help by fact that yard is sloping so the effects of erosion or probably more noticeable. You can probably see in the pictures expose roots. I really Never considered that I’ve put a lot of weight on the soil and from what I read, I guess that maple roots are fairly shallow.Is this type of activity around The tree Consta think that the health of tree will be affected? Currently it’s a healthy maple that I would guess at about 80 to 90 years old. Thanks in advance. DC8B0C22-7257-49D6-AC66-DBF2EBA70394.jpegBBA7727D-0562-4763-B335-F530D36D5E81.jpeg

I'm no arborist by any means but I have watched tree house masters and Pete is a tree nut and fanatical about putting any heavy equipment or loads about the base of a tree

Thanks for the input. That’s a cool show.
I think I’m most interested in knowing if the I’m making the the tree a hazard by harming the roots. Don’t want it to fall.