question on OAK englander mo 25-pdvc pre 2004

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowpike

Dec 18, 2010
western /new york
how far of run is to far i need to run the line about 20 ft is that to far the stove is set in the basementand pipe into my chimmey which is in the center of the basement thanks john :question:

yellowpike said:
how far of run is to far i need to run the line about 20 ft is that to far the stove is set in the basementand pipe into my chimmey which is in the center of the basement thanks john :question:

What does your manual say?

An outside combustion air connection is mandatory for this unit to work properly. Make this
connection using a 1 7/8†I.D. metal pipe (steel, aluminum or copper; commonly found at
muffler or auto shops) and coupler. Be sure to secure the pipe to the unit with a clamp or
aluminum tape. The outside end should be covered (screened) to prevent any foreign matter
from entering the system. Try to keep the number of bends in the pipe to a minimum. NOTE:
If the total run of the connection exceeds 6’, use 3†metal pipe (and coupler) instead it dosn"t say anything on far is to far mo 25pdvc

A couple of things to consider, it is the air intake equivalent of your vent.

I'd add your stove make and model to the thread title and your stove information to your signature so everyone will know what stove you are talking about.

The make and model in the thread title will attract folks that have the stove and the attention of the Senior Technical person at England Stove Works.

Somewhere in the documentation for that stove there is a length limit or a means to determine it. I expect that for 3" pipe you might be pushing that limit but am not certain.

yellowpike said:
An outside combustion air connection is mandatory for this unit to work properly. Make this
connection using a 1 7/8†I.D. metal pipe (steel, aluminum or copper; commonly found at
muffler or auto shops) and coupler. Be sure to secure the pipe to the unit with a clamp or
aluminum tape. The outside end should be covered (screened) to prevent any foreign matter
from entering the system. Try to keep the number of bends in the pipe to a minimum. NOTE:
If the total run of the connection exceeds 6’, use 3†metal pipe (and coupler) instead it dosn"t say anything on far is to far mo 25pdvc

Your answer is right there. Increase OAK piping to 3" with adapter from 1 7/8" to 3"

Status
Not open for further replies.