Question on replacing lid and door gasket on my Harman TL200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Hufford

Dec 24, 2012
Jefferson City, Missouri
I need to replace both the top lid and front door gaskets on my Harman TL200. Never done this before so I like to know this.

Am I better off to order exact replacement parts or can I get universal cut to fit gaskets for this?

It looks like the nuts holding the gaskets in place are NOT going to come off easily. Should I just soak them with WD-40 and hope they don't break or is there a better method?

Thanks!

Gaskets, I would go OEM for the top, door you can get away with getting Rutland and cutting yourself IMHO.

See if you can find Kroil at a local shop and spray that on the nuts and let it sit overnight. That stuff is amazing at getting rusted bolts off.

31IPHsEHeAL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.