Questions with New Regency I1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiser312

Dec 17, 2010
Central NC
I recently purchased a new Regency i1200 and new SS liner to place in my manufactured fireplace. My house is 1200 sqf with a 20ft ceiling over in the living area(stove location).
I am a little dissapointed in the heat output of this stove. Last night was my first fire after the break in heat cycle. Stove temps reached 550 degrees and flue temps were 600 degrees with a good secondary burn. The heat was only noticeable 10ft or less from the stove with blower on high. I turned down the draft controller to half way but still not much heat out put with stove temps hovering around 400 -450 on IR thermometer. No smoke from chimney
Wood is dry oak and dry poplar. Any tricks to heating more of my home/living area with this stove?

Do you have a ceiling fan? (20ft ceiling over the stove is going to be where most of the heat goes.)
If you have a fan, try turning it on low and reverse the direction of the blades.

Yes i have a fan and have got the fan on reverse. Another thing i forgot to mention is the windows(40 feet of windows on the A frame intrance) in the living area. House is well built and 5 years old.

I'm not sure I can offer anything other than what you are already doing. But, I think your high ceilings and window space is allowing the heat to dissipate. We have lower ceilings and a bit of window space in a smaller floor plan (750 sq, ft., with two stories) and when it gets down below 30 degrees, the I1200 will not keep the house temp up by itself. Perhaps a stronger blower would help. I have a prefab fireplace too and it was the only unit that would fit, so we're happy to have something to assist and keep the propane charges down. I don't burn much poplar, but the oak should be throwing a little heat for you. Also check for air leaks in the house. Our house is 8 years old and I'm still running around with a caulk gun filling in where I can. Our duct system was allowing air from the basement up into the house. Also check those windows and electric outlets and light switch covers on the exterior walls. Best wishes!

Thanks for the responses. Uper what max temp do you obtain before turning the intake air down. What cruising temps are you seeing with your I1200

Status
Not open for further replies.