Quick and Powerful Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydestone

Jan 11, 2006
My grandfather is unable to swing a maul these days and is on the hunt for a quick and powerful splitter. I checked out a few at Home Depot, Lowe's, and Northern Tool. Does anyone know where a I can buy a nice high quality splitter? He burns about 4 cords of wood per year.

He is in MA.

Thanks!

Yeah, Northern has some nice splitters. There must be another company out there that specializes in logging equipment and has more options tan Northern. Does anyone have any suggestions??

hydestone said:
Yeah, Northern has some nice splitters. There must be another company out there that specializes in logging equipment and has more options tan Northern. Does anyone have any suggestions??
What kinda of options are you looking for? Iron and Oak is another splitter co. TCS has theres , there is also Swisher brand , Troy built has one ( made by somebody other than Troy ) on and on and on . I guess i dont know what your looking for other than a powerfull splitter.

Try timberwolf in Rutland, Vermont..

They make a real commercial grade splitter...well built..Will cost more than the others but you can get many features log lift etc...

Those Timberwolf splitters look unbelievable. No prices listed...I will give them a call to check the TWP-1 and TW-HV1.

I will probably split him 4 cords and maybe a few for myself. I like to hand split mine for excercise but occasional use might be nice. I am sure some cousins or neighbors will look to borrow it from him as well.

Thanks for the advice!

HI hydestone,

There is another commercial wood splitter company near me. They are called americna woodsplitter. Website http://www.americanmsr.com/home.htm

Have a look. I used one and it is a fantastic piece of equipment. Much better built that the HD an Lowes stuff.

Carpniels

Status
Not open for further replies.