Quick score today - I OFFICIALLY have a "wood" problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdNH

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 14, 2009
Southern, NH
Got a full truck load of 2 year seasoned oak, some cut and split, some in 4 foot lengths.

The couple used to bring the wood camping with them, but the campground they go to now doesnt allow wood to be brought in from outside the campground due to beatles or something. So the wood went to the first taker on craigslist

So lucky me, won the craigslist score since I was able to pick it up tonight. If i would have had a full-sized bed it would have been an easier haul, but since i have stepside and I stacked the bed as tight as possible without risking pieces falling off on the 13 mile trip home, I had about 10 split logs left that I couldnt fit in the bed, so I threw them on a tarp in the cab of the truck. The guy looked at me like I was absolutly nuts. but his wife was adament about me taking it all or leaving enough for it being worthwhile for someone else to come get. And i really didnt want to make 2 trips.

SOO call me crazy. but not a bad score for a monday evening!

Attachments

• kitchen20002.jpg
    kitchen20002.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 349
  • kitchen20001.jpg
    kitchen20001.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 353
Sweet score...time for a cargo net?

Welcome to the coven :)

Buy a bigger truck and then a trailer, then we call you crazy. :cheese:

That beetle thing is rediculous.. Do they really think that these beetles won't get there on their own accord? VT. says the same thing and I told the campground I bought it down the street from them.. The area the beetles are located at are over 50 miles from me and I am sure they will be here sometime no matter what we do.. I plan on bringing my own wood again this year too.. If those critters are here we will never stop them of this I am sure and if we do we will take the human race with them..

On another point I am glad to see your firewood rides in style lol..

Ray

Looks perfectly normal for a woodburner to fill that truck that way. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.