Rack'em - stack 'em

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
I was working in some pretty close corners yesterday taking rounds off one stack, splitting them and the stacking on the other side of the splitter.

I stacked up a few of the smaller ones just to move them from one side of the splitter to the other side where the stack was going. Some of these I split, some I didn't.

All neatly lined up - just like a soda can dispenser in a refrigerator! The 'jack up', table and log lifter are REALLY sweet mods to my splitter!

100_0175.jpg

100_0176.jpg

You have the ergonomics nailed, I have lift and output tray envy.

Looks really good! I wish we were having that kind of weather but lately it's seems like it's been monsoon season.

Great pictures.
Nice set up.
Green grass :), It's about time to take the boat for a ride there. Ice out yet?

Your kick'in butt now, Shari. The log lift and outfeed table are excellent additions to your splitter. That fella that did your fab and welding must be an alright guy. %-P

Nice going Shari. This is excellent weather for splitting wood. I did some but can't do too much at one time just yet. My darned leg gets in the way and if I move it too much the hip hollers. Still good to do some even if not a lot. I may go back and do a little more yet this afternoon. An hour would be nice.

SWEEEEET! Come on over I have some out back ready to split and stack....

Shari said:
The 'jack up', table and log lifter are REALLY sweet mods to my splitter!

Anything that simplifies moving logs up and around has to be good :)

Jags said:
Your kick'in butt now, Shari. The log lift and outfeed table are excellent additions to your splitter. That fella that did your fab and welding must be an alright guy. %-P

You bet he is! :)

Shari said:
Jags said:

You bet he is! :)

Most of you cheese heads are alright in my book. :coolsmile:

Shari
I see you have the Northern Tool red wagon and it looks real new. I have the same one. I found the sides were a little flemsy after the first season, so i managed to get some old aluminum signs from the road commissioner and cut, fit, and pop riveted them to the insides of the side, rear and front rails, and the bottom. It really made it a lot more solid. It added little weight but a lot of strength. Just thought you might be interested. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• red wagon.jpg
    red wagon.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 354
Yeah, the wagon is a workhorse but I agree with the mesh material. We have a 1/2 plywood in the base already and I can see where the sides should have 'something' added. It works great, keeping splits off the ground when you are splitting/stacking a lot of wood. Result of using it: My back doesn't hurt as much from all the previous bending!

Shari said:
Yeah, the wagon is a workhorse but I agree with the mesh material. We have a 1/2 plywood in the base already and I can see where the sides should have 'something' added. It works great, keeping splits off the ground when you are splitting/stacking a lot of wood. Result of using it: My back doesn't hurt as much from all the previous bending!
Yep, and you have a great operation going there. Ask your road commissioner, they take a lot of aluminum signs out of service because the reflective painted message gets worn out and they will probably give them to you.....works great.

Looks like you've got a fine system working for you Shari.

Status
Not open for further replies.