BrianJ Posted By BrianJ, Dec 30, 2015 at 3:18 PM

1. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    I just returned from a ride over to Woodman's. Fortunately it's not that far away maybe an hour and a half . But it was sure hard to find. I installed a new air flow meter and it's so far so good. I'll keep you posted.

2. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    why do these meters go bad? 1st season and worked at end of 1st season but got the 09 meter flow error after a few days of running this season.

3. Manly

Manly
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 8, 2017
    Loc:
    CT
    That’s about how long mine lasted before it failed. From what I have read here and on other sites, these electronic board flow meters are a common configuration in automotive and other applications. Resistors with known values changing resistance as the module heats up due to lack of air flow. That’s a very basic description of how these solid state components work to interpret air flow. When anyone of the components fails, the unit faults. I am surprised by the apparent frequency of failures of these debimeters. In my experience with these basic components under these conditions I would expect a very low failure rate and a long service life, unless they are using the lowest quality of components, which is not the norm for European manufacturers.

4. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    Is there any place to buy revalli parts online? Only thing I hate about the stove is trying to find parts. I always maintain my stoves myself. Hate to pay service fees. I did find how to reset the service hours but took me awhile.

5. Manly

Manly
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 8, 2017
    Loc:
    CT
    Woodsman is where l order my Ravelli parts from. They are the closest dealer to me that stocks ample parts. I do all my own service on everything I own. Unfortunately Ravelli parts are not in great abundance in this market. I have done well by woodsman for the few things I’ve needed. How did you reset the service hours?

6. Manly

Manly
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 8, 2017
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks. I will keep a copy with mr Ravelli files. Getting all the needed drawings and schematics has been a seek and search process. Technical documentation has not been readily available but I am in pretty good shape after a couple of years.

7. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    Well it ran for a total of 8 hours, 4 hrs for 2 mornings. Now getting the 09 error with new meter. Starting to regret buying this stove. Requested a service call. Pathetic for only running 1 season.

8. Manly

Manly
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 8, 2017
    Loc:
    CT
    That is certainly discouraging. As I looked back in the thread I didn’t notice if you mentioned thoroughly cleaning the stove ports and cavities, heat exchange area, as well as the exhaust discharge area and pipe. I believe you mentioned you have one full season of use so a deep cleaning would have been in order. It is my understanding if the flow meter is working properly, a true error message would indicate a restricted flow through the stove. I took my Francesca down completely cleaned everything including exhaust pipes last season when I had this problem. Didn’t do any good, that’s when I decided last thing was the flow meter itself. If it didn’t work I guess the main control board would have been next, or most likely I would have mothballed the stove and purchased something more reliable. I won’t pay 1,000.00 service charge on a 2,000.00 stove, and that’s what the incompetent crooks would charge around here. I bought the stove on sale, cash and carry, installed and set up myself. Ran great for half the first season then the auger gear motor failed. I replaced the unit with a Dayton equivalent and its been running fine until the flow meter issue the middle of last season, the second season we’ve had it. We’ll see what this year brings. I would not recommend this brand to anyone based on my experiences. Keep us posted on how your service call turns out.

9. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    I did a full deep cleaning. The stove was working at end of last season so don't know what is going on. The only thing I did not do was remove the exhaust blower.

10. Manly

Manly
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 8, 2017
    Loc:
    CT
    Exhaust blower shouldn’t be an issue. I did remove mine to clean but there was barely a coating on the impellers. Will be interesting to see what the “service expert” finds. I’m thinking they try changing out the control board or possibly something got mucked up in the settings.

11. Davew37529

Davew37529
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2017
    Loc:
    Macungie, PA
    Has anyone figured out what the solution is. I had the same issue at start up with my Ravelli rv80. I did a deep clean and cleaned the the flow meter. It runs for about 4 hours and then get the same 09 error code.

12. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    I love this stove. Its the fifth day without cleaning and the windows still clear and it's burning great!

13. Pelleting In NJ

Pelleting In NJ
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 26, 2011
    Loc:
    Central NJ
    If people are willing to mail me their broken air-flow sensors, I will attempt to figure out if they can be repaired, with better quality parts. Send me a message through the "Conversation" feature of this forum (envelope icon next to your user name, upper right of the page), and I will send you my mailing address.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...