RE: 75 years old . . . and she has an accident

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume "China" is a town in Maine? Otherwise, a very confusing story!

Hope she recovers.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
I work on a couples home whos ages are him 100, her 94 I think. they still burn wood allthough they buy it now. He said he cut his own wood untill he was 90.

Article: China Village Fire Chief George Studley said the accident occurred about a mile into the woods.

!!! !!! !!!

Fella who brings me loads of hickory is 92, bless his heart. Ol' bugger even sneaks my splitting maul out of the barn to use.

Don't even get me started on ol' Chief Studley, there.:p

Reactions: ScotO

Hope she recovers.

Had me confused a sec there too, theres also a Poland in Maine and a Naples.

We wish her well for sure. That is not something anyone likes to see....at any age...or country...or state.

Hope she recovers.

Yeah, sorry about that . . . we've got quite a few of the countries and cities here in Maine.

China . . . Poland . . . Peru . . . Norway . . . Mexico . . . Egypt . . . Sweden . . . Denmark . . . Lebanon.

Belfast . . . Lisbon . . . Vienna . . . Belgrade . . . Rome . . . Stockholm . . . Athens . . . Madrid . . . Paris . . . Naples . . .

And then there's the "feeling" towns . . .

Unity . . . Hope . . . Freedom . . . Liberty . . . Friendship . . . Harmony . . .

I've been to Hell (MI). They have good ice cream there. And that's about it. Unless you want to count potholes.

I used to live on Hale Mt. Every time I gave my address it was,"Hell Mt. Road?" "H-a-l-e" "Oh ok"

That is one tough lady. I hope she recovers quickly.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one confused reading that article with all of those odd town names.

By the way, here in PA we gots us some interesting town names as well. Intercourse and Blue Ball are two that quickly come to mind, and they are relatively close to one another. So when you're going through Intercourse, make sure you don't go to fast or you may end up at Blue Ball before you know it! !!!:p;) And we don't want to end up at Blue Ball, now do we fellas! You've also got Bird In Hand and Climax too! It's a shame that Climax (PA) is so far away from Intercourse!

Scott, you are welcome in MI any time. And yes, I've been to those to interesting PA towns.

By the way, here in PA we gots us some interesting town names as well. Intercourse and Blue Ball are two that quickly come to mind, and they are relatively close to one another. So when you're going through Intercourse, make sure you don't go to fast or you may end up at Blue Ball before you know it! !!!:p;) And we don't want to end up at Blue Ball, now do we fellas! You've also got Bird In Hand and Climax too! It's a shame that Climax (PA) is so far away from Intercourse!

Don't forget about "Devil's Half Acre", which I used to pass thru daily. Like Maine, we have our share of misplaced places (Alexandria, Athens, Bethlehem, California, Damascus, Dublin, Egypt, Indiana, Jersey Shore, Lebanon, Liverpool, Luxor, Milwaukee, Moscow, Nazareth, Nebraska, Newfoundland, Norwegian, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rome, Saint Petersburg, Scotland, Sweden, Versailles, Washington, Warsaw, Wyoming).

That is really to bad. I have a feeling though, that she was doing exactly what she wanted to do at 75. I sure hope she can recover. I have a feeling she would like to be back at it some day.

I fully intend to be out there when I am 75 and 85, and my son has to drag me out there to watch him when I am 95. Well maybe my grandson will be dragging both of us out there when I am 95;)

Status
Not open for further replies.