Reassemble/Refurbish Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DarwinsFlinch

Aug 16, 2017
Maryland, US
Hi gang... We bought a foreclosure that is also fixer-upper. I inherited a firebox/hearth that I want to put back together. Aside from having the chimney cleaned and inspected, what pitfalls should I watch out for? The overall plan is to install laminate flooring so, should the hearth go on top or not? What is the best way to trim out the vent underneath? What kind of insulation is dangling on the face? The silver tape? And a host of others I am sure to come up with.

Sitting in place but nothing attached:
5kOeYOY.jpg

Hearth removed:
27pSo0a.jpg

Vent insulation:
2zGN0Ei.jpg

Foil tape:
DgIhGy6.jpg

I look forward to any tips and suggestions you might have!

Rick

You need to find out what make and model fireplace it is. Then look up the installation manual that will answer all of those questions.