Rebar supports in flue??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick clifford

Oct 19, 2012
Finances have delayed install but getting ready. Question is as I look up my chimney it appears there are 2 supports running parallel to one another just above the smoke shelf in what appears to be the beginning of what I think is 8 x 13 clay tiles. About mid way up( Will get up there today to measure exactly). Is this common and how hard will it be to pull the 6 inch liner which I want to wrap. The opening between the rebar appears greater than the narrow width of the clay tile. Hope I am clear. Weird how all installers I have spoken to don't want to wrap it but that's what I want. I see no mention of these supports or rebar etc. anywhere these discussions. Perhaps I missed it. Thanks for ant help

Status
Not open for further replies.