Red Oak score and the new shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

leco

Nov 29, 2016
KY
Picked up a couple pickup loads of this red oak last week:
20171013_143435.jpg 20171013_143507.jpg 20171013_145709.jpg

Didn't have access to my buddy's splitter, but wanted to get it cut into rounds, and in the old shed (which has been leaking). However, the old shed has all my seasoned wood in it:
20171014_190412.jpg

So, it was time to finish up the new shed, and get the seasoned wood in it:
20171014_190415.jpg
signal-2017-10-15-160933.jpg
...and then cut the new red oak into rounds, and get it in the old shed:
signal-2017-10-15-161005.jpg
signal-2017-10-15-161114.jpg

Turned out great overall. Will hopefully get the oak split in the next couple of weeks.

Red Oak is some fine firewood.

Maybe consider putting a trailer hitch on the back of the old dodge for a travel limiter for the suspension. When the hitch hits the ground, its full. ;lol;lol;lol (Just pulling your leg).

Red oak is great stove chow. Its still oak, so takes some time to get it dry, but I love the stuff.

Maybe consider putting a trailer hitch on the back of the old dodge for a travel limiter for the suspension. When the hitch hits the ground, its full. ;lol;lol;lol (Just pulling your leg).

Red oak is great stove chow. Its still oak, so takes some time to get it dry, but I love the stuff.

Haha! Made me literally LOL with that one. ;lol;lol;lol That's about how it is ;-)

Yes, I am hoping to get it split this weekend or next. Would like to use it next year, so thinking it will need to go in a clear topped shed as well, to get as much sun on it as possible.

Looks like you put BOTH loads in one! ;)

Nope, that is just the 2nd one. Had to go big since a firewood processor showed up to, ready to take the rest. I was happy to let him have all the branching points, but I got as many straight arms as I could. Also, that was just limbs. They had not yet brought down the main trunk.

Reactions: Soundchasm
Nope, that is just the 2nd one. Had to go big since a firewood processor showed up to, ready to take the rest. I was happy to let him have all the branching points, but I got as many straight arms as I could. Also, that was just limbs. They had not yet brought down the main trunk.
That must have been a giant tree. You got your share, that's fo sho. Your wood wagon is serving you well.