Red Oak score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
wMDAwMC9hdHRhY2htZW50Lm91dGxvb2subGl2ZS5uZXRAODRkZjllN2YtZTlmNi00MGFmLWI0MzUtYWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhIn0.jpg

Picked up a truck load of red oak this morning. Another tree is coming down later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lone_Gun
What a score!
Let me ask you something Jan. What is the state of wood stoves in Holland? Do many people have them? Does the government clamp down with lots of regulations?

Is it hard to get firewood over there?

What a score!
Let me ask you something Jan. What is the state of wood stoves in Holland? Do many people have them? Does the government clamp down with lots of regulations?

Is it hard to get firewood over there?
Thanks. Well, I let The Netherlands 27 years ago. I go back every year, so not really up to date. However, it is fruit country so many apple, pear and also nut trees. We lived in the far south-west where all the fruit farmers are, so plenty access to wood. There are some signs that local governments want to ban stoves, but that is just talk for now.

Jan - It's all of your good Karma coming back to you!

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Nice! I just cut around a 20'ft trailers worth of Red Oak yesterday. Some big rounds... Got more i need to cut next week, even bigger rounds. Split it all by hand yesterday. Came out with around a cord. Figure there is another cord's worth at my friends place. Just need a bigger saw...

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink