Redstone wood bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wildflush

Minister of Fire
Dec 27, 2022
MA
Looks like Tractor Supply keeps going up on these. $4.99 for a six pack now. Glad my wood is better than last year so I don’t need to stock up on these. Will buy a couple packs to have on hand.

Looks like Tractor Supply keeps going up on these. $4.99 for a six pack now. Glad my wood is better than last year so I don’t need to stock up on these. Will buy a couple packs to have on hand.
What hasn’t gone up. I don’t see it slowing anytime soon

Reactions: wetwood4life
My guess is the sawdust is effectively free so the cost is the power to produce it and the diesel to distribute them. Both power and diesel are up in price.

I used a few packs of Redstone bricks before. They seem to be "crumbly" once heated compared to biobricks and doesn't hold shape, end up scattering bunch of burning sawdust in stove.
I'm an avid burner of biobricks and would love a cheaper alternative.

I used a few packs of Redstone bricks before. They seem to be "crumbly" once heated compared to biobricks and doesn't hold shape, end up scattering bunch of burning sawdust in stove.
I'm an avid burner of biobricks and would love a cheaper alternative.
Nope. Never had that problem with them. Used quite a few packs last year to supplement my wood. Bio bricks are much smaller. My installer did mention if you use too many you can over-fire your stove with them.

Iv tried the redstone in the past. I like them. I use a couple here and there during shoulder season. The cost of everything had gone up.. the only thing that has gone down is.. how far the dollar goes..

I'm a little short on wood this year - I'll probably grab $20 worth next time I'm there to supplement...