Regency CI2700 - Is this right?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker2020

Feb 17, 2021
I own a CI2700 wood stove insert, Puchased and installed 13 months ago, so this is my first full winter burning 24/7.

Please see attached pictures of from the inside of the firebox looking up into the Flue Collar Assembly/up into the flue.

When I took off the Bottom shield (number 19 in the manual), I noticed the two ovals and thought is that supposed to be like that?

I looking in the installation instructions and the ovals look to be upper shield. Am I correct? And is that piece supped to be covering the Flue opening?

As you can see in the picture Bypass Open again, what I believe to be is the upper shield, shifted and it causes the bypass plate to not fully open and not fully shut without some manual adjustments to the upper shield. Note: I did get it to stay in place. I tested it by opening and closing the bypass a number of times and it did not move again, but it is in that same position covering the flue. Is it supposed to be in that position?

Would like to know ASAP as a winter storm is approaching and need to know if I should not operate my stove.

Bypass Open again.jpg Bypass Open 3.jpg Bypass Closed.jpg Bypass Open.jpg

I own a CI2700 wood stove insert, Puchased and installed 13 months ago, so this is my first full winter burning 24/7.

Please see attached pictures of from the inside of the firebox looking up into the Flue Collar Assembly/up into the flue.

When I took off the Bottom shield (number 19 in the manual), I noticed the two ovals and thought is that supposed to be like that?

I looking in the installation instructions and the ovals look to be upper shield. Am I correct? And is that piece supped to be covering the Flue opening?

As you can see in the picture Bypass Open again, what I believe to be is the upper shield, shifted and it causes the bypass plate to not fully open and not fully shut without some manual adjustments to the upper shield. Note: I did get it to stay in place. I tested it by opening and closing the bypass a number of times and it did not move again, but it is in that same position covering the flue. Is it supposed to be in that position?

Would like to know ASAP as a winter storm is approaching and need to know if I should not operate my stove.

View attachment 274827 View attachment 274828 View attachment 274829 View attachment 274830
looks like i may have answered my own question. I looked up on youtube Upper Shield for Ci2700 and got this quick video

Status
Not open for further replies.