Regency CI6000 vs Blaze King Princess Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

carlo@ITALIA

Dec 2, 2017
Italy
Hi All,
I'm going to buy one of those but i need to figure out what is the best.

I'm interested in:
  • Long burn time
  • Capability to warm all my apartment (single floor (160 sq mt) insert in the living room, hope it will be able to spread the warm into the bedrooms, only a single door from living room to bedrooms zone)
  • Peak output
  • few issues
  • whatever significant
Please help me understanding the differences and your experience

Thanks a lot

carlo

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI 160 sq mtr = 1722 sq ft.

My brother has a freestanding Regency and it looks like a heavy duty, quality piece. There is an extensive thread on your model, if you use the search. Had some minor early problems with air control which have been worked out. The BKs burn low, but obviously that's not at the high output you mentioned. If your place is insulated and air-sealed to a decent level, either stove would heat that space at low to medium settings.

Last edited:
I have the regency ci2600 insert and it did a fantastic job heating my house1621sq ft( before my extension) two floors with outside temps 35f and up for 12 hours, with temps below 32f it would heat the house for 9 hours after 9 hours the house temp would slowly start dropping. After the extension I now have the stove equivalent of the insert I use that mostly to heat the house just because it’s bigger. I still use the insert not as much and can’t wait for really coldly days teens and lower to run them both.

Thanks everybody for your advice ! I look forward to have a catalytic (Blaze or Regency Insert!)...

If someone need to sell a used one just let me know

Are these even available in Italy? Shipping used from the US would add a lot to the price.

Hi Begreen, Yes we do have a very professional sale point in Italy....

I was wondering to find an used one and see what it can be done...no idea about the cost of the shipping...thanks anyway