Regency EX90

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffcarter

Feb 5, 2012
North Bend, WA
Well we accepted delivery of our new zero clearance fireplace, Regency EX90, now for the install. The exterior wall this will be placed on bumps out 11 inches and then at ceiling height in jogs back in and goes vertical to the peak of the roof. So there will be an 11 inch extra airspace on the back side of the fireplace. My question is, with sidewalls of the chase now having to be 36 inches, should I frame the back side of the fireplace to reduce it to just the size of the stove or will that 11 inch space behind the stove be okay as one big chase. I was also curious if you guys recommend sheathing the inside of the chase with cement board. Thanks for looking guys.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.