Regency f2500 Installed today - I am concerned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike_NE

Sep 15, 2022
Connecticut
First time wood stove owner. Just had a Regency F2500 hybrid catalytic installed. The door was damaged so the installers ordered a new one. Once they left, I was checking it out and noticed that the primary air damper does not open all the way and take significant effort just to move the handle. Something is not right with it. Now I’m concerned what else could be damaged. Maybe it was dropped during shipping? Could the catalytic combuster also be damaged? I’m going to contact the dealer first thing in the morning. I want them to inspect the catalytic combuster and obviously fix the primary air damper. Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

Search for dollar bill test and see if the door closes (seals) properly. Feel if the window is snug in place (see if you can move it with a flat hand on both sides).

Read the manual to see where the cat is so you can have a look yourself. Any damage to it should be visible. Mechanical damage is the only thing I'd worry about with a new cat. So nothing invisible that would be a problem.

@bholler knows these stoves well and may be able to say more.

There really isn't that much to them. Make sure the air control works the cat is ok and the cat bypass slide is ok. Other than that just the door

Search for dollar bill test and see if the door closes (seals) properly. Feel if the window is snug in place (see if you can move it with a flat hand on both sides).

Read the manual to see where the cat is so you can have a look yourself. Any damage to it should be visible. Mechanical damage is the only thing I'd worry about with a new cat. So nothing invisible that would be a problem.

The dealer ordered a new door. I don’t have one on it. I contacted them today. They said the primary air

the dealer did not install a the door. I contacted them today. They said the door does not ship with the stove so the damage to the door is not related to the stove. They also said the primary air damper just needs to be adjusted and they will do that when they come back out with the door. I did inspect the cat and it looks fine. Thank you for responding.

Reactions: stoveliker
Sounds like they are doing the right thing by you.

Reactions: Mike_NE
The dealer ordered a new door. I don’t have one on it. I contacted them today. They said the primary air

the dealer did not install a the door. I contacted them today. They said the door does not ship with the stove so the damage to the door is not related to the stove. They also said the primary air damper just needs to be adjusted and they will do that when they come back out with the door. I did inspect the cat and it looks fine. Thank you for responding.
There is no adjustment on the air control though. But give them a chance to fix it the rod may just have gotten bent slightly. It's easy to do.

And yes the door does ship separately

Reactions: Mike_NE