Regency Fireplace Inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Willis

I purchased a Regency gas insert in September of 2015. After two weeks the fan stopped working. Since the remote, the receiver, the electrical hookup, and the fan module itself all had to be checked out, it was three months before a new fan module showed up. Clearly printed on the side of the box was MADE IN CHINA. Two weeks after that the screen on the remote stopped lighting up. Printed on the back of the remote are the words MADE IN CHINA. I paid 3,600 dollars for this stove. Since that is a lot of money, and since the company has shown zero interest in helping me, I have to say, emphatically, if the stove has parts made in China, do not buy it.

I purchased a Regency gas insert in September of 2015. After two weeks the fan stopped working. Since the remote, the receiver, the electrical hookup, and the fan module itself all had to be checked out, it was three months before a new fan module showed up. Clearly printed on the side of the box was MADE IN CHINA. Two weeks after that the screen on the remote stopped lighting up. Printed on the back of the remote are the words MADE IN CHINA. I paid 3,600 dollars for this stove. Since that is a lot of money, and since the company has shown zero interest in helping me, I have to say, emphatically, if the stove has parts made in China, do not buy it.

I'm not sure if the remote for your insert is the same as the remote that came with my Regency Bellavista.. but the remote for the Bellavista is joke. Confusing to use, difficult to press the buttons right, and just kind of cheap feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.