Regency GC60 Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott see this is where they have me. I did the install, and then they came out and did the fire inspection. From day 1 as soon as they saw that I did not use there product duravent, the blame has been on the pipe. Granted The first section of pipe was defective, the new pipe is awesome. When you look at the gasket picture above you do not need to be a stove mechanic to see the obvious signs of a leak around the gasket. One thing for sure is I am a stubborn SOB, and I will not take defeat until no hair on my head is left pulled out. I can not wait till this weekend to see if what I did worked. .

I just spoke to the dealer. He told me there are thousands of these stoves out there and he has never heard of a smoke smell complaint other then me. I explained to him about the obvious signs of a leak on the gasket, and he said I do not believe you. He said it has to be your pipe. He then said he would have sherwood call me, so that is where we stand at this point in time. Oh and he did offer to send me a new gaket. Thanks everyone for letting me vent, Im beyond frusturated as you can imagine.

Have him show up on here and we will give him a free lesson in what the real world is actually like.

Reactions: Brokenwing
Status
Not open for further replies.