Regency I3100 Wood Insert Reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the looks of the Regency and personally so not care for the flush mounted stoves. The biggest hang-up right now is the expense. It is an investment and money is tight. That is more of her worry...and given the economy and such...I cannot say I blame her.
Maybe I will buy a bunch of firebrick and make a variation on those rocket stove thingamabobs on YouTube in my fireplace. That might convince her...or throw her over the edge.
_g;lol:););):);lol_g
Anyhoo...
The investment can be a net gain if you have enough wood and enjoy the process. That is what I learned on this website HisTreeNut.

As with any insert, getting the heat off the wall and into the room is a challenge worth taking on.
Have a I3100, the Regency fan is considered an option, but really should be included in all purchases. The Regency fan is quiet and very efficient and will last several years. Am now on my second fan assembly, 1st one lasted 7 years and replacing was cheaper than repairs.
In 2011, I created a false wall upper wall with 2 independant additional fan systems on reostats. These fans recuperate upper wall heat on brick wall and the fans has provided us with much improvement in heating 2,200 Sq ft home (and saving upper mounted elctronics)
In the avatar picture, the tiles are flat to cement board attached to brick wall....the upper assembly from mantel up (mantel, TV and cabinetry is 3 1/2" gapped from brick. That wall gets pretty warm in long term heating...with upper fans, the heat is now recuperated and blown into room and beyond...additional blowing is especially useful in very cold temps.

To be clearer, use 3 separate controllable systems, Regency on stove, squirrel fan built in behind mantel and blower fans just above the mantel....cats meow for us

Status
Not open for further replies.