Regency vs. Valor vs. Fireplace XTrordinair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jboddie33

Apr 28, 2019
Lone Tree, CO
Does anyone have any thoughts about the brand reputation/reliability of Regency v. Valor v. Fireplace XTrordinair? We're redoing our living room and are putting in a natural gas linear fireplace and have narrowed it down to 50 inch versions of a Valor (L2) or Regency Ultimate (U1500E) or a 60 inch Fireplace XTrordinair (6015). Even at 60 inches, the Fireplace X unit is considerably less expensive than the other two, which certainly appeals to us, but we wanted to make sure that we're not making too much of a compromise on quality.

Thanks!

Justin

Hi,
Curious as to what model fireplace you choose and what you think? Those three models are currently my front runners and I am undecided.
Thank You for posting!

Hi,
Curious as to what model fireplace you choose and what you think? Those three models are currently my front runners and I am undecided.
Thank You for posting!
I am in the process of replacing a nearly 20 year old Regency Ultimate 27 NG1 rear vented freestanding natural gas fireplace. I am not the original buyer, but I have spoken to a number of previous tenants of the property and they mention that the fireplace gave them minimal issues over the years. I am only replacing it because it can't be used anymore with the configuration of my living room.