Regency Wood Stove air circulation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what we use for primary heat in our home. I have been struggling so far this season with getting air moving around the house to keep it warm. Our home was built in 1953 and I'm guessing non insulated..or very minimal. As I sit in here now its 31 degrees Celsius and in my living room which is two rooms away is sitting at 20. I have a fan positioned in front of the stove catching the hot air from the blower. That forces it into our dining room. Our livingroom is just off to the east of the dining room. I have a ceiling fan in there that I switched the direction on but didn't seem to help. There are a zillion different drafts in the house! Our basement is dirt floor with a stone/handmade clay brick foundation. Any suggestions on how to get this heat moving? I want to be able to depend on this stove for primary heat!

Edit:, Apologies for the sideways picture.

e5d83b13b71794c6eaf7cf019a683e9a.jpg

Last edited:
Put a small fan on the floor in the living room and blow cold air towards the room with the stove. That will establish a convective loop where warm air gets drawn into the living room to make up for the cold air that was blown out by the fan. It usually does not require much fan speed and the results should be noticeable in less than 30 min. The underlying principle is that cold air is denser than warm air and therefore easier to move.

Reactions: RopeS
Status
Not open for further replies.