Reminder, unplug that stove for the off season.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Now that it is getting warmer please unplug and remove the batteries from the remote when you decide to stop your burning.

That is all I have to say for now, carry on.

Eric

what is this "off season" you speak of?

(looks like maybe possibly we have had the last frost. not holding my breath though.)

what is this "off season" you speak of?

Pretty much agree. It was 6° this morning when I got up. My stove will be in use until at least mid-May, when it will get it's finall cleaning and be unplugged.

Mark

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
We're still burning here. Stoves only on for a quick blast to take the chill off. Don't expect it to be completely shutdown until mid May if were lucky! ;em

Yep.... Burning at night still. With temps near 30° tonight? Gonna burn me some pellets. :)

Done with the Wood eater. Had a small knee injury this Winter, so the basement steps are a last resort.

My new stove should (Read: Had Better, be here by Mid next week!!!) be here soon. I wish the cold would stay, but I am glad Spring is finally here and can definitely wait till the Fall the start Tinkerin

Sorry to hear about the knee Mad Dog, how did it happen?:cool:

X2 Wanna bet, he was chasing the Mrs? ::-) Or maybe he's using it as an excuse to get out of the spring yard details? I used the "ol backs been acting up" to get out of racking the flower beds. Worked like a charm! :p

well, our "off" season will start in about 3 bags. That's when we will have burned through all 6 tons we bought for the past winter.

will just have to snuggle with the doggies to keep warm after that.

I figured I need to add this, "Beer".

Eric

38 last night and the stove kicked on. I fully expect to burn more pellets in the next week.

Gosh I feel like this post might be off topic at this rate, anyway, I finally unplugged the stove this past sat. We are pretty much done. It's mid 70s during the day and low 50s in the morning. Already started cleaning the stove. I tend to do my end of season cleaning over a week or two as I try to get to everything. Finished the season with half a ton left over. Burned about 2 and 3/4 tons this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.