Replacement Combustor/Catalyst for CI2600/HI400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hello from an HI400 owner. Thank you for doing the research into replacement catalysts.
In the time since this thread was last active, the price has dropped on the Midwest/Firecat ACI-70C, and is now the same on Amazon as it is on the Midwest website. Amazon has free shipping.
I am waiting for a response from Condar as to whether the North Carolina company is now making its version of the correct catalyst for the HI400/CI2600. Will share their response.

Meantime for those of you with far more experience than our family in running and maintaining this unit, please take a look at this YouTube I just made. The temperature sensor is around 1100 degrees and the catalyst is nicely doing its job, as far as I can tell. From some of your comments and discussion, I am interested in learning how the flames can damage the catalyst; do you see any such symptoms in this video? It appears as though I have the "adapter" or deflector plate that comes with current production examples.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is this burning "normally" ?