Replacement parts and maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgcable

Jan 24, 2010
Milford, CT
Hello all, I have a The Earth Stove model NF2000I pellet stove fireplace insert. The rope gasket around the ash drawer is shot. I need to replace it.
Can I glue on the replacement with the same high temp red silicone I used to seal the liner joints?
Also... I removed the clean out cover on the front of the firebox near the auger pot so that I could clean it out. Its a rectangular plate about 4" x 6" held on by one screw. There was a gasket behind it that crumbled and fell apart when I removed the door. What can I use as a replacement?
I was thinking about just using the red silicone but I don't think that will hold up. Where can I get gasket material and the high temp fiberglass rope for my insert? I went to the local Home Depot and to Lowes but neither of them carry fiberglass rope. I was thinking about going to the local auto parts store to try to find high temp gasket material but I want to make sure I do the correct thing.
Thanks!

jgcable said:
Hello all, I have a The Earth Stove model NF2000I pellet stove fireplace insert. The rope gasket around the ash drawer is shot. I need to replace it.
Can I glue on the replacement with the same high temp red silicone I used to seal the liner joints?
Also... I removed the clean out cover on the front of the firebox near the auger pot so that I could clean it out. Its a rectangular plate about 4" x 6" held on by one screw. There was a gasket behind it that crumbled and fell apart when I removed the door. What can I use as a replacement?
I was thinking about just using the red silicone but I don't think that will hold up. Where can I get gasket material and the high temp fiberglass rope for my insert? I went to the local Home Depot and to Lowes but neither of them carry fiberglass rope. I was thinking about going to the local auto parts store to try to find high temp gasket material but I want to make sure I do the correct thing.
Thanks!

That red stuff will not last in those locations.

There is a stove gasket cement that you can find at various hardware stores, my local Aubuchon carries a fairly complete line of stove gaskets and cement as they sell wood, coal, and pellet stoves, the other gasket I don't know what the material is.

Do you mean fire pot when you say auger pot?

If so that is also a very high temperature gasket and I don't have a source for that, most of the sheet gasket material I've seen stops at about 900 degrees.

Likely that is some kind of mineral wool based gasket.

if you need parts lists, manual, or service manual please email me directly [email protected]

the lytherm gasket in question isn't avail anymore, and silicone is a poor sub in this case.

if you cant find raw lytherm or gaketing elsewhere let me know, we stock about everything for earth stove pellet stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.