Replacing Door Gasket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

emsflyer84

Sep 12, 2011
Central NH
Hey all, replacing the gasket on my Osburn 2000 insert. The new gasket which claims to be the correct part number for my insert seems smaller than the old gasket. The new one is already a rectangular shape, not round.

Attached are a few photos. The first is the new and old one side by side, new one on the bottom.

The second photo is part of the old gasket pulled out, seems more round.

The third photo is the new gasket and old one so you can see the thickness difference. Old one seems much thicker.

For reference, the new one is Osburn part number AC06100.

I don’t want to pull the old gasket out of the new one is too small! Any ideas? Thanks.

IMG_4843.jpegIMG_4846.jpegIMG_4848.jpeg

Just a quick update, I tried to press some of the new gasket into the track on the door and it basically disappears inside the track and sits flush with the inside of the door. If I turn the new gasket sideways it’s not wide enough to fill the gap. This can’t be the right gasket. Since this the part number that is supposed to go with my insert, not sure what else to try. Anyone know the correct part for the Osburn 2000 insert? Thanks.

IMG_4849.jpeg
IMG_4850.jpeg