Replacemetn vinyl windows

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutter said:
I wouldn't put in vinyl window if you gave them to me. I have been in residential construction for more than forty years. The only major problems we have had with windows were vinyl windows that were specified by some architect or home owner. And they were andersons in every case.
Brad
+1
My windows are 150 years old. Show me a vinyl window that can do that......

Danno77 said:
Cutter said:
I wouldn't put in vinyl window if you gave them to me. I have been in residential construction for more than forty years. The only major problems we have had with windows were vinyl windows that were specified by some architect or home owner. And they were andersons in every case.
Brad
+1
My windows are 150 years old. Show me a vinyl window that can do that......

Not to be a smart a$$, but vinyl windows have not been around that long, therefore only time will tell how long the good ones will last. Technology is constantly evolving and these windows are getting better all the time - I would be happy with 30 years, frankly. My 55 year old wood windows were complete crap and I am very happy to have replaced them with vinyl.

Sounds like Anderson don't make good vinyl windows - a lot of other companies do...

Status
Not open for further replies.